Saturday, March 29, 2014

Omelet - Dosa / Egg Dosa / Indian style crepe with Egg


After a hectic day , with cooking , guest and late night cleaning , wanted to rest a whole day but when you are a mother ,  its impossible to run away from your responsibility.
I remember until few months ago , it will be when I take a nap that  my Na will come for help or says she's hungry.
But now a days as she's grown up a bit she knows she shouldn't disturb me &
if in case I take a nap I see her eyes so close to mine when I wake up...and then she says that's because she was bored so came to watch me sleep.... :)
 


I know , those who make dosa at home would have tried this too , as this Omelet dosa is no big deal....some thing which homemakers does when dealt with some kind of crisis.....as I had just a little dosa batter left in the fridge and had to feed my NA to satisfy myself as a mother.....as I know she'll be happy if I tell her "No food"
I see that bright happy smile of her's when I tell her "no milk" during her fever days...

Ingredients

Click Here for recipe of south Indian (Kerala style) Idli / Dosa Batter

Dosa Batter - for 2 dosa's
Egg - 1 (or more)
Onion - half of 1 small onion chopped
Tomato - 1 small chopped
Green Chili - 1 choped(optional)
Cilantro/ Coriander leaves - 2 Tb Sp chopped
Ghee or oil - a few drops for each dosa.
salt to taste

Method.

*Beat Egg nicely and add finely chopped onion , tomatoes , green chili's (if using) and salt,
  Mix and combine everything well , keep aside.


* Heat Tawa , keep heat to medium - low and pour approx (1/4 cup) batter on to the pan , spread and make a round shape with a spoon , as you make a regular dosa or Pan cake. It should be thick.

* Pour the Omelet mix on top of the dosa immediately , drizzle few drops of ghee or oil on top and if possible cover this and cook for a few seconds.


*Flip to the other side and cook for another few seconds and transfer to a serving plate.


May sprinkle some grated cheese on top while the dosa is hot , so that it melts a bit.


Happy Weekend

Cheers
TN

No comments:

Post a Comment