Thursday, April 11, 2019

Crepe Cake with Wheat flour


Happy Mothers Day !

Mothers would be celebrating it everyday though :)
I love every bit of my role as a Mom ( majority Mom's will be ) subtract the anxiety, that is included in the package, there isn't a way to avoid it. I wish I had wings so I could keep kids safe like a Momma Duck, and let them go only when they are equipped....I know this is a little too much to wish for :/

I listened to a priest preaching about Motherhood once and one thing he told was striking, there are times when your kids will be fighting for you, they would fight within each other to get you and accomplish the statement that "you are their's" but there might be also a time when they will fight to get you away from them, that's sad but is the fact, I don't think this happens to everyone but is always good to equip yourself,
that is trying to be a "Strong Mom"

Crepe is my all time favorite, so I decided to try "Crepe Cake"  instead of the simple Crepe


Ingredients 
For the Crepes 
Wheat flour -  1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 3 No's
Milk -  2 cups
Water - 1/2 cup to 1 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter/Oil - to make crepes

Filling 
Nutella -  as required
Blueberries/strawberries - as required
Whipping cream - 1/2 cup
Confectionery Sugar - 2 tbsp

Method 

Prepare the batter 
  •  Mix flours, salt and sugar in a bowl keep aside. Mix Eggs and milk using a beater.
  • Add the liquid ingredients to the flour ingredients, add water little at a time to make thin consistency (Shouldn't be watery) Keep batter covered for sometime (1 hour to few hour's)
  •   Heat a flat, round (7 inch diameter approx) - pan, drizzle few drops of oil/butter, wipe the pan using a tissue paper, pour  (1/4 cup approx of batter) over the heated pan ,swirl the pan or spread the batter using the back of the ladle to make it round in shape.
  • Cook for approximately a minute and flip it to the other side, cook for few seconds, place them on a plate, make the rest of the crepes and allow to cool.
For the filling 
  • Beat whipping cream until it starts to thicken, add powdered sugar, beat again for few seconds and keep aside.
  • Spread the whipped cream filling over the crepes and stack them one after the other, I added Nutella only in 3 layers ( as I didn't know that I had very little Nutella left) :(
  • Place berries on top and its all set to serve.



Notes -
Its good to make crepes with 1:1 ratio of wheat flour and All purpose flour, but  I suggest making it with All purpose flour alone when making "Crepe Cake".  For just the crepes its good to mix wheat flour  as it makes your crepes dense in texture. I used to make crepe's with All purpose flour alone -Simple Crepe Recipe but learned that the one's with Wheat flour tastes better.
To be honest I like the simple Crepes than the idea of Crepe Cake, but there's no harm in trying :) its little tedious and time consuming, is what I felt.


Wishing all Mother's a very happy and satisfying Motherhood. Keep inspiring :)
Cheers
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment