Friday, April 25, 2014

Palak Raita / Spinach in Yogurt


An easy and nutritious side dish within no time , as am busy with packing things to shift, simple dishes like these helps me run the kitchen and satisfy my people here.


Couldn't take much stylish pictures as I am not good in multitasking much , might end up putting my camera in any curry that I make as I am so absent minded these days.
Yesterday NA complained about the same, while I was packing her stuffs I forgot to keep few of her precious things
I didn't bother to listen to what she was saying for sometime until she started to cry asking me why I forgot to pack Bow Tie ????????

Which Bow-tie ?? Who's ?? I asked her angrily ???
Abraham Lincoln's She screamed.....

WHAT?????????

And for a while........

My mind roamed around and reached till Lincoln Memorial in Washington , DC - where I had seen the statue of the Great President....then came back to my world when I saw this


As this was what she was saying ,she saw it lying some where....and then I had to search for this specific picture she drew in her school and had to stick it in place and carefully packed it too.

But then I couldn't stop laughing and so thought to share it here.

Back to Palak Raita !

Though there are many ways to prepare Spinach/Palak , its better to opt ways to minimize any nutrient loss while cooking, hence I avoided blanching these and cooked'em directly.
As usual gave it an Apple cider wash before chopping'em as we buy inorganic Spinach/Palak here.

Ingredients 

Spinach - 1/2 Bunch
Yogurt - 1 and 1/4 cup
Green chili's - 1 or 2 finely chopped (Adjust as per your preference)
Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Oil (Olive oil or any Vegetable oil) - 1 Tb sp

Method 

* Wash , drain and chop spinach leaves and keep aside.
*Heat Oil in a pan , add cumin seeds , and then the chopped spinach leaves , green chili's and salt,
  cover and cook them in medium to low heat , till it sweats and all the water comes out (5 to 7 minutes)
*Let the water from the spinach boil for a minute and then switch off the heat.
* Use a spoon to beat curd nicely in an other bowl and add in the cooked spinach along with its water.



* Mix and combine everything well , garnish with a few cilantro - only if you like its flavor.
I added cilantro/Coriander leaves because I am in love with it ,avoid adding - if you dislike the taste of the same.


May serve it as side dish for Chapathi / Indian Bread or else enjoy with plain rice and Dal/Lentil curry.

Like Popeye the sailor - now I have some extra energy !!!

 ;)

Cheers
TN 

No comments:

Post a Comment